At the Workers Arts and Heritage Centre we are committed to ensuring our exhibitions and programs are accessible to all visitors. Admission to the museum is free.
We foster a welcoming environment where we will aim to meet the accommodation requests of visitors in order to experience our programming to its fullest.
Accessibility, Mobility, and Assistive Devices:
- Our facilities are wheelchair accessible.
- The entrance on the east side of our building is equipped with automatic doors.
- Upon entering, there is an elevator to access the second floor and the basement.
- We have accessible washrooms, and the washrooms are in the basement.
- Please alert a staff member if any spaces are difficult to navigate.
- Assistive devices are welcome in the gallery.
- Printed text in the gallery meets accessibility guidelines.
- There is seating available throughout the museum. If you need a place to rest a staff member will gladly find one for you.
Service Animals and Support Persons
Support persons are welcome to provide any services needed in the museum and all service animals are welcome.
Driving and Parking
Stuart Street is a two way street and there is plenty of free street parking, as well as free parking in the West Harbour Go Station parking lot.
Please feel free to contact Kat Williams, Interim Outreach and Development Specialist at 905-522-3003 x 21 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if we can do anything to make your visit more comfortable.