Come Learn With Us
WAHC engages students in exciting, flexible programs that educate them about the important contributions of working people to our civic, cultural and national landscapes. We welcome school groups as well as camp and extra-curricular groups from across Hamilton, and beyond.
- School visits are flexible, and can be anywhere from 1-2 hours long. They can take place in the morning or afternoon.
- We require a minimum of six weeks’ notice for bookings.
- In alignment with our space, and staffing capacity, WAHC can accommodate a maximum of 30 students during a single visit
- School visits programs are $8 per student and free for adult supervisors.
- As a courtesy, please let us know a minimum of 48 hours in advance for any cancellations.
Our school visits can make critical connections to the Ontario Curriculum for Elementary and Secondary students. Connect with us to learn about how a customized school visit can draw links between our museum’s contents and the following subjects:
Elementary: The Arts, Social Studies, The Kindergarten Program
Secondary: History, Geography, Canadian and World Studies, Visual Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities, Interdisciplinary Studies
Post-Secondary: WAHC can customize visits for diverse post-secondary groups interested in exploring intersections of art, labour and activism. Custom visits for college and university students typically range from $12-15 per student, depending on the length of visit, and activities planned.
To book a school visit, please fill out the booking form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as we receive it.
If you have any questions, please contact Sylvia Nickerson, Programming and Exhibitions Specialist at 905-522-3003 x 29 or by email at email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming your students!
SCHOOL VISITS BOOKING FORM
Please complete the form below to book a school visit. Staff will follow-up with you once we’ve received your booking and confirmed at that time. If you have any questions about our programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.